Job Location: Merit Office, Knoxville, TN Apply Now
Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with all aspects of the management of the construction project. The position is predominately based in the field.
- Work with the project team to prepare for the project start up.
- Work with project management and field staff to perform on-site quality control reviews and ensure adherence to project specifications.
- Work with the project management and field staff to monitor production and complete associated reporting.
- Work with project management and field staff to organize and complete close-out activities, including the punch list, resolution of warranty issues, O & M manuals and as-built drawings.
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to maintain submittal logs and ensure the timely receipt and review of submittals and shop drawings
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to write, submit, and keep track of RFIs.
- Work with project management and field staff to provide accurate information to complete various reports and compose original correspondence.
- Work with the project team in creating bid invitation lists and communicating with sub-contractors to ensure adequate bid coverage.
- Attend project meetings on an as needed basis.
- Take meeting notes, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Work with project team on completing bid forms.
- Updates construction documents with addendum, RFI’s, construction bulletins. etc.
- Work with project management and field staff to complete Cost information.
- Attend all Superintendent and Project Management Meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Work with the project team with the ordering of materials needed to successfully execute the project
- Verify accurate payment of subcontractors and material suppliers
- Works with the Project Manager & Superintendent in developing, maintaining and revising the project schedule
- Manage the relationship and work of assigned sub-contractors & suppliers
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to perform constructability reviews and develop value engineering ideas
- Demonstrate, communicate, and reinforce Company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the work is being built to the most up to date drawings, specs., addendum, standards, etc.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the specifications, drawings, standards, and subcontractor & supplier scope of work, etc.
- Interpret specifications, designs and drawings and prepare quantity takeoffs
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Verify work-in-place quantities for invoicing/pay quantities;
- Work with the Superintendent to ensure craft time cards are completed accurately, reflecting hours worked and tasks worked on; verify cost codes to all purchases, time cards, contracts, equipment time and any other item involving cost
- Takes weekly jobsite photographs and catalog photographs in an organized digital filing system
- Works with the Safety Department to ensure adherence to project safety requirements and records are accurately maintained
- Prepare project status reports
- Gather and prepare documentation for any potential disputes.
- Gather and prepare information for change orders for Project Manager approval and submission to appropriate party.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited construction or civil engineering program.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors and office staff.
- Use required office equipment proficiently; plan and organize work effectively; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow-up with feedback where appropriate.
- LEED Accreditation, a plus
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.