Merit Construction, Inc. is an award-winning Knoxville based General Construction firm with 39 years of experience. We currently have a full-time opening for an Assistant Project Manager.
The position requirements include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following: Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with all aspects of the management of the construction project. The position is predominately based in the field.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the project team to prepare for the project start up.
- Work with project management and field staff to perform on-site quality control reviews and ensure adherence to project specifications.
- Work with the project management and field staff to monitor production and complete associated reporting.
- Work with project management and field staff to organize and complete close-out activities, including the punch list, resolution of warranty issues, O & M manuals and as-built drawings.
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to maintain submittal logs and ensure the timely receipt and review of submittals and shop drawings
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent to write, submit, and keep track of RFIs.
- Work with project management and field staff to provide accurate information to complete various reports and compose original correspondence.
- Work with the project team in creating bid invitation lists and communicating with sub-contractors to ensure adequate bid coverage.
- Attend project meetings on an as needed basis.
- Take meeting notes, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Work with project team on completing bid forms.
- Updates construction documents with addendum, RFI’s, construction bulletins. etc.
- Work with project management and field staff to complete Cost information.
- Attend all Superintendent and Project Management Meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Work with the project team with the ordering of materials needed to successfully execute the project
- Verify accurate payment of subcontractors and material suppliers
- Works with the Project Manager & Superintendent in developing, maintaining and revising the project schedule
- Manage the relationship and work of assigned sub-contractors & suppliers
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to perform constructability reviews and develop value engineering ideas
- Demonstrate, communicate, and reinforce Company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the work is being built to the most up to date drawings, specs., addendum, standards, etc.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the specifications, drawings, standards, and subcontractor & supplier scope of work, etc.
- Interpret specifications, designs and drawings and prepare quantity takeoffs
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Verify work-in-place quantities for invoicing/pay quantities;
- Work with the Superintendent to ensure craft time cards are completed accurately, reflecting hours worked and tasks worked on; verify cost codes to all purchases, time cards, contracts, equipment time and any other item involving cost
- Takes weekly jobsite photographs and catalog photographs in an organized digital filing system
- Works with the Safety Department to ensure adherence to project safety requirements and records are accurately maintained
- Prepare project status reports
- Gather and prepare documentation for any potential disputes.
- Gather and prepare information for change orders for Project Manager approval and submission to appropriate party.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited construction or civil engineering program.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors and office staff.
- Use required office equipment proficiently; plan and organize work effectively; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow-up with feedback where appropriate.
- LEED Accreditation, a plus
Merit Construction offers comprehensive benefits including health insurance, Paid Time Off and paid holidays, as well as 401(k). E.O.E. and TN Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should reply with resume and note salary requirements.
***No phone calls please.***
Job Type: Full-time