- We look forward to the opportunity to welcome new, experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated people into the Merit Construction family.
- Merit Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a TN Certified Drug Free Workplace Employer (Employment will be contingent upon a negative result of the substance test).
Please click on title for detailed job description and link for application.
Please note that we do not accept resumes or applications unless they are in direct response to an opening. With that in mind, please do not submit unsolicited resumes or employment requests.
Merit Construction is an active participant in the E-Verify program. Merit Construction is committed to meeting its obligations under U.S. immigration law. Merit Construction does not employ an individual who is not legally authorized to work in the United States.
The E-Verify program was established by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to electronically verify the employment eligibility of rehires and newly hired employees.
EEO/AA POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Merit Construction to comply and cooperate, to the fullest extent, with all applicable regulations (all as amended):
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 793)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) of June 26, 1990
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”)
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (“GINA”)
- The Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1972.
This policy pertains to any and all terms and conditions of employment, including any arrangement under which employees, including trainees, are selected for work. It is the policy of Merit Construction not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, disabilities, genetic information, or any Protected Veteran status. Merit Construction will take affirmative action to assure an equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, and that employees are treated equally during employment without regard to their race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, disabilities, genetic information, or any Protected Veteran status. Such action shall include, but not be limited to:
- Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer;
- Recruitment and recruitment advertising;
- Layoff or termination;
- Rate of pay or other forms of compensation; and
- Selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship and/or on-the-job training.