Merit Construction, Inc. is an award-winning Knoxville based General Construction firm with 39 years of experience. We currently have a full-time opening for a Project Superintendent.
The position requirements include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following: Must be able to plan, coordinate, and supervise the field operations of projects. Must be able to provide technical direction, as well as be responsible for the safety, productivity, and overall quality of the work. Must be able to establish productivity goals and measure performance as well as schedule labor, materials, and equipment, including the work of subcontractors.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling – Assist in the development of the overall project schedule. Manage day-to-day activities of the construction project. Coordinate and supervise onsite functions.
- Site Paperwork – Create Daily Job Reports, complete Timesheets, complete weekly Site Safety Inspections, maintain site Chemical List, conduct weekly Toolbox Talks, maintain accurate As-Built drawings.
- Manage Construction in accordance with documents – Works with owner’s representatives and Design team to ensure work meets or exceeds the drawings and specifications. Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Manage Construction Site – Be responsible for procurement of tools, materials, construction equipment and certain permanent equipment and delivery of same at specified times to conform to work schedules. Coordinates work between trades. Supervise craft employees. Coordinates with local building officials on required inspections to secure a certificate of occupancy. Maintain a clean and organized site.
- Safety – Monitors contractor compliance with project safety program requirements. Follow, implement and enforce safety policies. Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, OSHA, work rules, etc.
- Human Resources – Responsible for compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Five years’ supervisory experience using similar construction methods, equipment and tools
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Advanced knowledge of construction scheduling
- Ability to control and supervise large groups
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, leadership and decision-making ability
- Basic computer skills
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); engineering, cost and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisor skills essential.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to use a personal computer or Ipad and be familiar with Windows based applications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Merit Construction offers comprehensive benefits including health insurance, Paid Time Off and paid holidays, as well as 401(k). E.O.E. and TN Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should reply with resume and note salary requirements.
***No phone calls please.***
Job Type: Full-time
Diverse projects to include multi-family, medical, commercial, educational and retail. Local opportunities, as well as travel opportunities.