Objective: Gain an understanding of how to manage an ongoing construction project.
Jobsite 40% – Office 60%
- Walk the jobsite to ensure subcontractors are adhering to the plans and specifications.
- Assist in the change order process by identifying scope changes in the field.
- Manage and distribute the Near Term Schedule for the jobsite.
- Assist in writing, tracking, and issuing RFI’s.
- Manage and distribute all meeting minutes for the project.
- Assist in tracking material deliveries and subcontractor mobilization dates.
- Assist in tracking and resolving any issues that arise onsite.
- Assist the superintendent with the permitting inspection process.
- Manage all construction document revisions.
- Assist the Marketing Director with producing aerial photos, jobsite signage, etc.
- Assist the Superintendent with implementing Merit’s Jobsite Safety Program.
- Assist the Project Manager and PA with owner pay applications.
- Manage the submittal review process for the project and follow up with Architects and subcontractors to ensure we’re receiving them in a timely manner.
- Work with the Project Manager to update the overall Project Schedule.
- Assist with pricing field and owner driven change orders.
- Assist with Project Estimating on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Safety Director with the Safe Start Program.
Intern Report Out:
At the conclusion of your internship you will be required to give a 10-15 minute presentation to Merit’s Leadership Team documenting what you learned, what you accomplished, how you directly impacted the project, any issues you experienced and how you overcame them, and any lessons learned. More information will be provided for the Intern Report Out during the course of the internship.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited construction or civil engineering program.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Plan and organize work effectively.
Merit Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity and TN Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Interested candidates should reply with résumé.
Connect with us