Objective: Gain an understanding of how a construction site is managed on a day-to-day basis.
Jobsite 90% – Office 10%
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure they are delivering quality work in the field.
- Ensure subcontractors are adhering to the plans and specifications.
- Manage the Storm Water Prevention Plan (SWPP) for the jobsite.
- Work with the Superintendent to manage and distribute the Near Term Schedule for the jobsite.
- Assist in tracking RFI’s.
- Manage and distribute all meeting minutes for the project.
- Track subcontractors progress and manpower on a daily basis and assist in the Daily Report process with the Superintendent.
- Assist Superintendent with jobsite safety:
- Weekly Safety Checklist Review
- Observe and report on subcontractor safety performance.
- Assist the Safety Director with jobsite inspections.
- Manage daily cleanup and organization of stored materials onsite.
- Assist with the submittal review process.
Intern Report Out:
At the conclusion of your internship you will be required to give a 10-15 minute presentation to Merit’s Leadership Team documenting what you learned, what you accomplished, how you directly impacted the project, any issues you experienced and how you overcame them, and any lessons learned. More information will be provided for the Intern Report Out during the course of the internship.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited construction or civil engineering program.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Plan and organize work effectively.
Merit Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity and TN Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Interested candidates should reply with résumé.
Connect with us