Objective: Gain an understanding of project estimating and construction bid proposals
Jobsite 10% – Office 90%
- Work with the estimating team to establish a bid list for various projects.
- Review the plans and specifications to ensure Merit accounts for all scopes of work and project requirements.
- Review drawings and begin scoping out the project.
- Complete any quantity takeoffs required for the estimate.
- Contact all subcontractors bidding the project to answer any questions and ensure all scope of work is being accounted for.
- Assist in managing the bid proposal and scope of work analysis.
- Participate in any pre-bid walkthroughs with the owner rep. and/or architect.
- Manage any pre-bid RFI’s that are received during the bid process.
- Assist in compiling the final bid proposal and sending to the owner rep. for review.
- Participate in drafting subcontracts for projects Merit is awarded.
Intern Report Out:
At the conclusion of your internship you will be required to give a 10-15 minute presentation to Merit’s Leadership Team documenting what you learned, what you accomplished, how you directly impacted the project, any issues you experienced and how you overcame them, and any lessons learned. More information will be provided for the Intern Report Out during the course of the internship.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited construction or civil engineering program.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word; project management and scheduling software knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Plan and organize work effectively.
Merit Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity and TN Drug-Free Workplace employer.
Interested candidates should reply with résumé.
Connect with us