POSITION: Accounting Assistant I
Job Location: Merit Office, Knoxville, TN
The Accounting Assistant is to provide support to the accounting department.
- Match back up from superintendents to material and temp labor invoices.
- Submit register and voucher invoices for project manager approval.
- Follow up with superintendents on back up not submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with weekly Accounts Payable check distribution.
- Maintain record of all W-9’s and licensing of all subcontractors.
- Maintain record of subcontractor insurance certificates.
- Track temporary labor hours for Safety Director.
- Manage and reconcile company credit cards (Lowes, Home Depot, AMEX, VISA)
- Verify and submit superintendent cash expense reports for approval.
- Verify and submit employee mileage and expense reimbursement reports for approval.
- Reconcile Vendor Statements
- Assist with Accounts Payable email.
- Assist new subcontractors with completing Merit sub pay app form.
- Assist with preparing subcontractor partial and final lien waivers as needed.
- Drop off mail/overnight packages as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize (time management) as well as be a self-starter
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and written)
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have organizational skills
- Must have knowledge of general office management practices and procedures (business letters, standard format of typed material and filing systems)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Connect with us