Bruce Bosse can be credited as one of the catalysts of Merit Construction, having seen the firm grow from a small construction company with a few employees to a prominent regional contractor. He joined Merit in 1983 and has worked in numerous positions, including serving as president since 1995. Bruce holds a Bachelor of Science degree in building construction from Purdue University.
Bruce’s experience includes a wide variety of projects for a broad base of clients including:
- Historic renovation – Bijou Theatre in Knoxville and the General Morgan Inn and Conference Center in Greeneville, TN
- High tech / Industrial projects – Siemens Molecular Imaging in Knoxville, Holston Gases Compresses Gas Facility, Rock-Tenn, Luck Stone
- Educational & Athletic – Thompson Boling Arena Coach’s Offices and Ticket Office, Tusculum College‘s Niswonger Commons, Pioneer Arena, Indoor Practice Facility, and Football Press Box, South College Lonas Road campus and Carson-Newman College Student Activity Center in Jefferson City
- Office buildings – Whirlpool, McCamy/barre3 Office Building, Lakeside Centre, Mortgage Investors Group Office Building, PetSafe Corporate Office Building, One Lafayette Square and Tech 2020
- Medical – Blount Memorial Hospital in Maryville, Tennova (formerly St. Mary’s) Physician Building in Farragut and Dutchtown Professional Office Building in Knoxville
- Houses of Worship – Sacred Heart Cathedral and School, and Westminster Presbyterian Church in Knoxville
- Retail – Hamilton Crossing, Hunters Crossing, Franklin Centre, Rooms To Go, TJ Maxx, Walgreens, as well as Regions Bank, ORNL Federal Credit Union, Sevier Farmer’s Co-Op, and Northern Tool and Equipment.
- Utility Clients – South Blount Utility District, Newport Utilities Board, Sprint, BellSouth
- Municipal – Fentress County Justice Center, Virginia Department of Transportation Office Building, New Tazewell Airport T-Hangers
Bruce is an active member of the professional community, having held leadership roles in Leadership Knoxville, Knoxville Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of Tennessee, the City of Knoxville Building Board of Adjustments and Appeals, Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation Board of Commissioners, the BCBC Board, the Knox County Board of Construction Appeals, the Salvation Army Board, the University of Tennessee Chancellor’s Associates, and the Historic Tennessee Theatre Board.
Bruce enjoys travel with his family and is an avid fan of college basketball and football. He and his wife, Sharon, have two children.